Changing demand for goods and services and impacts on customer access will result in changing markets. This will create business opportunities, for example where the private sector is able to provide the knowledge, skills and technologies required to help society adapt.
- A changing climate will increase the demand for some products and services, and decrease it for other products and services.
- Increased heavy rainfall and flood risk will increase demand for products, services and expertise to support sustainable water resources management.
- Warmer conditions could see an increased demand for more parks and gardens and further extend the growing season with potential benefits for agriculture and forestry.
- Hotter summers could see an increase in the Scottish tourism industry.
- Extreme weather events at home and abroad could cause disruption to supply chains.